I. PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
THE PERSONAL DATA CONTROLLER
The personal data controllers are the company Hotel Marina d.o.o, Veliki trg 11, 6310 Izola, Slovenia.
THE PERSONAL DATA PROCESSOR
The personal data controller works with outsourced service providers that process data solely on the behalf of the controller. This procedure serves the purposes of allowing bookings and booking payments, supporting analytical and marketing services, improving the service and user experience etc. The personal data controller and processors have defined their relationships and obligations. The personal data processors are not allowed to share the personal data for their own or foreign purposes or to transmit the data to third parties or third countries. The personal data controller may disclose personal data to law enforcement agencies and other government authorities, if this is conditioned by law or if it is strictly necessary for prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal offenses and fraud.
PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION
The types of personal data collected by us include:
- user’s first name, surname, email address, and country;
- credit card details (credit card type, card holder name, credit card number, expiration date);
- the data related to the guest’s stay, including the date of arrival and departure, special requirements, service preferences (including preferences regarding the room, service or other services used);
- event-related data (first name, surname, company, email address, telephone number, country, event start and end time, duration of the event, number of participants);
- the data provided by the user in the questionnaire, including the user’s IP address;
- an email address to be used for sending information about promotions and special offers via an e-newsletter.
All the data received will be used solely for communication regarding the provision of our services, for managing and editing online bookings, for providing customer support and for advertising activities within the framework of legislation.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
In order to ensure the protection of personal data, we carry out all the necessary legal, organisational and appropriate logistical-technical procedures and measures. We make sure unauthorised persons are prevented access to the personal data, the premises, the equipment and the software where the data is stored. We guarantee an effective way of blocking, disposing of, erasing or anonymising personal data. We allow for subsequent determination of when individual items of personal data were used and entered into the database, and who this was done by. This applies to the period during which individual items of data are stored.
PERSONAL DATA RETENTION PERIOD
Individuals’ personal data can be processed and stored in accordance with the lawful basis, i.e. for as long as there is a purpose for its processing and storage, or until the individual’s consent has been withdrawn. Based on the user’s written consent withdrawal, the data is erased. All the personal data retained is part of this Privacy Notice.
In accordance with the applicable legislation governing personal data protection, the individual is entitled to withdraw the given consent at any time, to request access, rectification, restriction of personal data processing or erasure of personal data by informing us about this in writing by mail to Hotel Marina d.o.o., Veliki trg 11, 6310 Izola, Slovenia, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The individual may also make a complaint concerning the processing of his/her personal data and address it to the above address.
The individual may also lodge a complaint concerning the processing of his/her personal data directly with the competent supervisory authority, i.e. the Information Commissioner of the Republic of Slovenia.
DEALING WITH VIOLATIONS
In the event of personal data protection violations, we will promptly implement all internal and external measures (technical, organizational) for the protection of individual’s rights and interests. We will inform each of the affected persons, as well as the competent supervisory authority in the Republic of Slovenia about this.
Cookies are small text files used on the website to make the user experiences more efficient. By law, cookies may be stored on your device if they are strictly necessary for the website to work. For all other types of cookies, your consent is required. Different types of cookies are used on this website. Some cookies are used at the request of third parties appearing on our site.
The following cookies are used to ensure that all the website functions are available:
- Strictly necessary cookies are required as they make the website functional by allowing basic functions such as page navigation and access to secure website areas. Without these cookies, the website site is unable to work properly.
- Statistics cookies are non-essential and are needed to track visits to the website in order to improve the user experience.
- Marketing cookies are also non-essential and anonymously collect information about your website visits. Their purpose is to display ads that are relevant and interesting to individual users.
An exact description and the expiry of each cookie are provided in the following table:
STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES
Strictly necessary cookies enable a functional website, basic operations, such as website navigation and access to the safe areas of the website. A website does not function properly without these cookies.
COOKIES FOR STATISTICS MONITORING
Cookies for statistical purposes allow the owners of websites understand the way the visitors use their website by anonymously collect and report information.
The Marketing Cookies are used for tracking users on the websites. Their purpose is to display ads, which are appropriate and interesting to an individual user.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- Sharing with third-parties: We share your personal data with third parties as permitted by law and as described below, such as service providers acting on our behalf. We do not sell or rent your personal data.
- Competent authorities: We disclose personal data to law enforcement and other governmental authorities insofar as it is required by law or is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud.
There is a difference between session Cookies and permanent Cookies. Session Cookies only exist until you close your browser. Permanent Cookies have a longer lifespan and are not automatically deleted once you close your browser. We strive to serve Cookies or allow the serving of Cookies with a maximum lifespan of 5 years. Only in exceptional circumstances, such as for security purposes (such as fraud detection) and where absolutely necessary, will a Cookie have a longer lifespan. If you have questions about specific retention periods, please contact us via the contact details included below.
IV. VIDEO SURVEILLANCE NOTICE
Notice to external persons and employees of the company HOTEL MARINA d.o.o. pursuant to the third paragraph of Article 76 of the Personal Data Protection Act (Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenia, No. 163/2022, ZVOP-2) regarding the implementation of video surveillance on the premises, spaces, and facilities of the company HOTEL MARINA d.o.o..
- VIDEO SURVEILLANCE EXECUTOR AND PERSONAL DATA CONTROLLER:
HOTEL MARINA, hotels and tourism, d.o.o., Veliki trg 11, 6310 Izola, tel: +386 (0)5 6604408, email: email@example.com.
2. PURPOSE OF IMPLEMENTATION:
Video surveillance is carried out for the purpose of protecting people and property, monitoring business processes, and ensuring control of entry and exit.
3. INFORMATION REGARDING THE IMPLEMENTATION OF VIDEO SURVEILLANCE:
- There are no further processing or specific impacts on video recordings,
- Video recordings are not transmitted to third countries,
- Sound is not recorded as part of video surveillance,
- Authorized personnel of the controller have access to live images,
- Video surveillance system recordings are stored for a maximum of 1 month from the date of recording and are automatically deleted after this period. Recordings may be retained longer than the stated period only in exceptional or damaging events or in cases of actions by individuals endangering protected areas, property, and/or the safety of people. In such cases, recordings are kept at least until the arrival of the competent state authority responsible for detecting or prosecuting criminal offenses or another competent authority.
- The legal basis for conducting video surveillance, including monitoring live images, is the legitimate interest of the controller to ensure the safety of people and property, monitor business processes, and control entry and exit.
Based on video surveillance, we collect the following personal data about you:
- image of the individual,
- location of the recording,
- date of the recording,
- entry and exit times or movement within the controlled area.
Contact details of the data protection officer: phone: +386 (0)5 6604408, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Existence of automated decision-making, including profiling: none
4. RIGHTS OF INDIVIDUALS IN CONNECTION WITH PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
Individuals have various rights in connection with personal data. HOTEL MARINA d.o.o. verifies the identity of individuals exercising their rights before fulfilling their requests. The individual submits their request for information to email@example.com or to the address HOTEL MARINA, hotels and tourism, d.o.o., Veliki trg 11, 6310 Izola.
HOTEL MARINA d.o.o. fulfills the justified request within 1 month, and in the case of complex requests or a large number of requests, this period can be extended by an additional 2 months. HOTEL MARINA d.o.o. informs the individual about such an extension and the reasons for it.
4.a) Right to access data: Upon request, individuals are informed whether personal data concerning them is being processed, and if so, they are provided with the following information:
- types of personal data;
- categories of recipients to whom personal data has been or will be disclosed;
- retention periods;
- a copy of the personal data being processed is provided to the individual upon their request.
4.b) Right to erasure (the right to be forgotten): Individuals can request the deletion of their personal data in the following cases:
- personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed,
- the individual, to whom the personal data relates, withdraws consent (if obtaining consent was necessary) on the basis of which processing takes place in accordance with point (a) of Article 6(1) or point (a) of Article 9(2) of the General Data Protection Regulation, and there is no other legal basis for processing,
- the individual objects to the processing, and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing, – the personal data has been processed unlawfully,
- personal data must be erased to comply with a legal obligation in EU law or Slovenian law.
4.c) Right to restriction of processing: Individuals may request the restriction of data processing when:
- the accuracy of the data is contested by the individual, for a period enabling the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data,
- the processing is unlawful, and the individual opposes the erasure of personal data and requests the restriction of their use instead,
- the controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by the individual for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims,
- the individual has objected to processing.
4.d) Right to data portability: Individuals may request a printout of their data. The printout will be prepared in a machine-readable format and can be collected by the individual at the registered office of HOTEL MARINA d.o.o.
4.e) Right to object: Individuals may object to the processing of personal data by the controller within the scope
If you have questions regarding the processing of your personal data, or if you would like to exercise any of the rights guaranteed by this Privacy Notice, you can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hotel Marina d.o.o.
Veliki trg 11
+386 (0)5 66 04 100